Welcome everybody to my commentary


I've got so much talent, it's a little scary

Is my every random thought insightful? Very

Not just entertaining- I'm a luminary

Neil Patrick Harris- Commentary! The Musical





Sunday, July 12, 2009

Things other people said

Hello ScoFans!

I just want to start this post by congratulating James Courtney in his race win today (pictured on the right) He was fast yesterday, qualified at the front and then his car had a failure. He hasn't won since moving to Dick Johnson racing and they had big plans yesterday but unfortunately they didn't eventuate. Today, everything came together and it made up for the pain the team and their fans felt yesterday. It's the first win for the team in about a year, so it was nice.


Why did I use that picture if he's a racing car driver? Because most of my readers are female, and they don't care about my motor sport ramblings, so I gave them something to look at (at least I think he's an attractive guy). And if they do care about motor sport, well then it's a nice bonus for them.

Oh, and yes, he is married.

Anyway, that race win capped off what was a wonderful weekend. My Tweetledees might have seen on Friday I was looking forward to seeing my niece AJ over the weekend and I had a fantastic time with her. She's growing all the time and getting smarter and learning new things.

And she loves her uncle. Because he's a softy who can't say no to her.

When I was leaving today dad was holding on to her and she reached out to me and mum said "I think she wants a kiss goodbye" so I walked back to kiss her and she let go of dad and threw her arms around my neck and started screaming when I tried to give her back to dad. It was heartbreaking, but I'll see her again soon. She's just too young to understand that.

On to today's post.

Today I'm going to share some of the quotes I was going to share just before the 100th post when you were all voting. Do you miss voting? Well, if so, you'll see you have an opportunity to do it again. And it's special, because next week I'm doing seven posts in seven days. I will only do this ONCE, so the post that loses the vote will disappear forever.

Here come the quotes..

"In this dirty-minded world, she thought, you are either some body's wife or some body's whore — or fast on your way to becoming one or the other. If you don't fit either category, then everyone tries to make you think there is something wrong with you. But, she thought, there is nothing wrong with me."
The World According to Garp - John Irving

"When I was very young once I saw a variety act on TV. A man put a bunch of plates on the end of a series of supple rods, and kept them in the air by whipping the rods to spin the plates. And if he slowed down or turned his back even for a moment, one of the plates would wobble and then crash to the ground, followed by all the others in series.

That's a terrific metaphor for life, isn't it? We're all trying to keep our plates spinning in the air, and once you get them up there you can't take your eyes off them and you have to keep chugging along without rest. Except that in life, somebody keeps adding more plates, hiding the rods and changing the law of graving when you're not looking. And so every time you think you have all your plates spinning nicely, suddenly you hear a hideous clattering crash behind you and a whole row of plates you didn't even know you had begins to hit the ground"
Dexter in the Dark- Jeff Lindsay

"We've had a quick car all weekend and we were just getting away from the field and we dropped to seven cylinders and we were still putting down fast times but when we dropped to six cylinders on the second lap that was it. But I guess that's the sport we're in, it's cruel and that's what makes it entertaining so I hope the people at home have at least been entertained by all this"
James Courtney

I'm taking a few moments to speak on behalf of our fallen adversary...Forgive me Space Goblin, if it were not for the novice level setting and the 10 cups of coffee I had earlier today you might have bested me this day in the Marsh of Gothrick. We're not that different, you and I, despite your arm mounted canon and insatiable taste for human flesh... — Janitor
"You realize that while you're talking his alien friends are shooting you in the face, right?" — Turk
"Well that is just rude." - Janitor

Scrubs- My Hard Labor (series 7 episode 2)

And even yours truly has been quoted on a Facebook friends site..

"I got not annoying. Which is apparently annoying in itself. So while I wasn't annoying, my non annoyingness became annoying"
Scotty (I've never lol'd so much in my life)


Finally, I have a few things from some of my blogging buddies to mention (and some of them are favours to ask of my readers).

First, if you could go here and download Ndeesaster's song "Got The Feeling" I know it would mean a lot to her. I'm not a huge hip hop fan, I don't mind a little bit occasionally, but I do love her stuff. And even if you don't like hip hop, just download it, if not for her then for me *flutters eyes and smiles*

Next, you can go to Sarahaha's blog at the moment and enter her giveaway for a beautiful clutch. I don't think it would go with anything I own, but I'm sure it would go lovely in one of my lovely female readers collections.

Thirdly, while I did mention the wisdom that got me to return to blogging, I forgot to mention the petition touchingjoy organised to entice me to come back. That was very sweet of her. The lengths she went to to get some of those names are extraordinary.

Fourthly, the girl in the stiletto left me a comment last week that I think warrants special mention. "i'm clinging tightly to your nasal hair now" made me laugh exceptionally hard.

And last last lastly to miss rambles and PinkNic, both of whom accused me of being a dirty liar when I said I was leaving the bloggosphere forever.. I sure showed you.

Oh, and to the follower who left me this week, enjoy your lamp post.

Until next time.

14 comments:

  1. yeah follower who left, enjoy your lamp post! may the lamp post be so cold that it makes certain parts of your body freeze and stick on it!

    oh hello sco!

    awwww... i hope i didnt make you laugh too hard that you peed in your pants :P

    i dont find that guy in the photo good looking :P n i used to watch F1. but since lewis hamilton joined, i find it rather.... suck.

    small kids always make me go marshmallow. my uncle always told me that little cousin always ask him to drive over to "big sis" house.

    oh n please use hanky/tissue paper when you sneeze cuz my hands get slippery and i dint want to be sneezed out. thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention :)

    I really liked the World According to Garp. I was reading it every day and got about half ways when suddenly, someone stole it. Who steals a book? Seriously? I figured that it was probably for the betterment of society for the book to be unleashed into the world of crime and danger. It's what Garp would have wanted I am sure.

    I'm looking forward to your 7 posts in 7 days. :) It'll be way fun to harrass you EVERYDAY not just on Twitter, but on your blog too.

    Love,
    Your #1 fan

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the consideration of male in pool photo! it made motorsports a hell of alot more interesting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Scotty ;)
    Yeah you sure showed me...haha.
    I don't think that guy's all that good looking. You sure you didn't just put that pic up to look at it yourself?
    Think I'll shut up now before I insult you any more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Married, really? I think he looks like he prefers the company of men. (and Im not being a smarty) Thanks for thinking of us ladies though!

    I'm still working on Garp. It gets better and better as I read even if it is taking an eternity to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh i woff you i woff you i woff you. Just added what you said about me to my press in Reverb Nation LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm...interesting. That John Irving quote really hit home, I'm gonna have to look into that some more. Also, I love how Carla ended up being an expert at that game!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are achingly thoughtful where your illustrative pictures are concerned! Hmm, anymore friends of yours winning things?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and to the follower who left me this week, enjoy your lamp post.

    hahahahahahahahhahahahhahaha

    i knew u would come back.the blogosphere is too awesome to jst walk away from!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are quite wise to pander to your female readership. A little eye candy never hurts, even if it's the married type!

    As for me? I'm glad you are back. But not glad enough to cling to your nose hair. I'm going to have to draw the line on that one, my dear ScoMan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey you...You definitely know how to catch our eyes...Honestly, you got me. hehehehe...I saw that picture and I had to drop in on your post. then there you were talking about motor sports. hahahaha...nice one! lols...OH and GirLInStiletto saying she is clinging on to your nasal was just hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SOOOO excited for the 7 posts in 7 days. YAY!!

    I liked those quotes - the plate one is too true.

    How old is your niece? She sounds adorable!! I'm watching my 11 yr old nephew, 10 yr old niece and 3 yr old niece tomorrow - it's going to be SO FUN!!! Isn't family the greatest?

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, I love you a little more...