Welcome everybody to my commentary


I've got so much talent, it's a little scary

Is my every random thought insightful? Very

Not just entertaining- I'm a luminary

Neil Patrick Harris- Commentary! The Musical





Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm coming around...




I remember loving this song when I was younger. But it was only when it was bought up again on an Australia musical trivia / comedy show and I heard it for the first time in years, that I realised (well.. they told me.. but I would have worked it out on my own this time around) what it was about.

It was released in about 1994, so I would have been 9 or 10 at the time. I was innocent then. How was I to know where she was going or what she was going to do when she got there? I just thought it was a fun song and enjoyed spinning in circles.

But now the song is back in my life, now I know what it's about. Now I love it even more.

Anyway, this is the conversation between Adam Hill, Max Sharam, Myf Warhurst, Alan Brough and John Wood which has a nice little piece of wisdom I feel we can all take something from.

Adam: Basically that song is about being a stalker isn't it?
Max: Yes
Adam: Right
Max: It could be just um, an unnannounced visit
Myf: That's called a drop in, it sounds a bit worse than a drop in though
Adam: Yeah, I think it's the line "better pull your blinds down"
Max: But she's giving the person warning
Adam: You're a polite stalker
Alan: Yeah but spinning around in what appeared to be a carpark is not the best place to give a person warning
Max: God, you're all so anti-stalking and everything you lot
Alan: Oh no, I don't, you know..
Adam: Alan's quite pro stalker
Alan: I mean, I don't encourage it.. well.. not publicly..
John: People don't encourage it in him
Alan: No, well, they don't encourage it in me. And it's also difficult to be a stalker when you're my size. I reckon your compact folk get away with stalking much better.

Yes, there it is. The compact folk get away with stalking much better. That's something we should all remember as we climb out of bed each morning.

I should also remind you all that our little game takes place tomorrow night, so let's hope for a positive result.

3 comments:

  1. Hey CB, 'ssup! I really think your song is somehow weird, I mean, her voice, I couldn't listen to it all because I got somehow disturbed by her voice, I do know stalkers are a theme within the music you listen to :P lol, sounds weird, well, remember the cool video of the guy who wore a wig and lipstick? I loved that one! :D
    Btw...guess what I saw on tv last night...you'll be proud of me, Scon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hypothetically, what if there is a tie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nilla- You don't like her voice? I think her voice is great. I listened to the song for like half an hour last night. And.. well. stalker songs are cool.

    Krystal- I thought about that question for a few seconds, and then realised if it's a tie they'll play extra time. They don't allow ties during the finals.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, I love you a little more...